The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2019 was passed in the Lok Sabha, the Bill will amend the Citizenship Act, 1955.
What is CAB (Citizenship Amendment Bill)
The Citizenship Amendment Bill has been introduced to change the provisions of the Citizenship Act 1955, which will change the rules relating to grant of citizenship. This amendment to the citizenship bill will pave the way for Hindus from Bangladesh, Pakistan and Afghanistan as well as Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis and Christians to gain Indian citizenship without valid documents.
CAB Bill Important Point
- Through this bill, the citizens of India will be granted to the oppressed Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, and Parsis of Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Afghanistan.
- This bill will be applicable to all the states and union territories of the country, the beneficiaries of this bill can live in any part of the country.
- Through this bill, there will be a lot of relief to those people who come from neighboring countries and are living in states like Gujarat, Rajasthan, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, etc.
- According to the report, the government can fix the cut-off date on 31 December 2014 for the oppressed religious minorities.
- The Citizenship Act, 1955 Illegal immigrants can either be jailed or sent back to their country.
Why People oppose CAB (Citizenship Amendment Bill)
Legal experts have criticized the Bill as being violative of the secular (Article 14th & 15th) Constitution of India. Congress, Trinamool Congress (TMC), Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK), Samajwadi Party (SP), Left parties and Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) are opposed to this bill.
know more about CAB Click Here.
What you think about CAB Bill please tell as in comment.